Wear & Care for Fitness Trackers
Wear & Care
Our Fitness Trackers are meant to be worn all day and night*, To keep your band clean and your skin happy we have outlined the following tips:
FOR ELASTOMER BANDS:
- Regularly clean your band and wrist—especially after working out or sweating. Rinse the band with water or wipe it with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Do NOT use hand soap, body soap, dish soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes or household cleaners which could get trapped beneath the band and irritate skin. Always dry the band well before putting it back on.
- To remove build-up of lotions and oils (such as sunscreen, insect repellent and moisturizers) that can be trapped beneath the band, we recommend that you use a soap-free cleanser rinse thoroughly, and dry well.
- For tough spots, stains or buildup on your band, scrub with a wet soft-bristled toothbrush.
- For light-colored elastomer accessory bands, minimize direct contact with dark-colored clothing, as color transfer may occur.
FOR LEATHER BANDS:
- wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can lightly dampen the cloth with water. Leather bands aren’t sweat or water resistant. Soaking them might cause discolouration or other damage.
- To dry, gently wipe away excess moisture with a dry, non-abrasive, lint-free cloth and let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
- The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal, daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high intensity workouts or during sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory.
- To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.
- For light-colored leather accessory bands, minimize direct contact with dark-colored clothing, as color transfer may occur.
Keep it Dry
- While Fitbit devices & some trackers are water resistant*, it’s not good for your skin to wear a wet band for long periods of time.
- If your elastomer band gets wet—like after sweating or showering—rinse and dry it thoroughly before putting it back on your wrist.
- Be sure your skin is dry before you put your band back on.
Don’t Wear It Too Tight
- Make sure your band isn’t too tight. Wear the band loosely enough that it can move back and forth on your wrist.
- If you use Fitbit Charge HR™, Fitbit Blaze™ or Fitbit Surge™, Mi band 2,for better heart rate readings during exercise, we suggest wearing the band so it’s secure, but not too tight, and wearing the band higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). Lower the band on your wrist and loosen it after exercise.
- Whether you have the conditions above or not, if you start to experience redness or skin irritation on your wrist, remove your device. If symptoms persist longer than 2-3 days of not using your device, contact a dermatologist.
- If you sweat for more than two hours while wearing your Fitbit band, be sure to wash your band and your wrist using the directions above to avoid skin irritation.